Tuesday, November 3, 2015

The Sabbath is a Delight - from Kate Kocherhans

President Nelson's talk: The Sabbath is a Delight


  • How am I contributing to "the Sabbath is a Delight" mentality of my children? How can I make it a better experience for them and for myself?
To have a good sacrament meeting experience, the bishop has asked us to 1) be on time and 2) be prepared.
  • How can we be prepared?
  • Look ahead--what do you want your Sundays to look like? Look forward to sacrament meeting, not just getting there. Listen to music, have quiet thoughts about what sacrament meeting will be.
  • Plan for fasting--think about it on Saturday.
  • Use Saturday for getting everything ready for Sunday.
  • Pray, think, and make a plan to prepare.
  • Focus on the "delight" part for the children.
Ezekiel 20:20:And hallow my sabbaths; and they shall be a sign between me and you, that ye may know that I am the Lord your God.

What are signs that you are going to give to let the Lord know you are hallowing the Sabbath?

  • sit quietly and be with the Lord
  • once you enter the chapel, don't talk to anyone (no business), let families focus
  • play hymns at home
  • the Lord knows our desires and our hearts and knows if we've done the best we can

No comments:

Post a Comment